IRMS Coaching In Chandigarh – IRMS exam date and new exam pattern have been released on December 02, 2022. The detailed notification will be released on February 01, 2023. The recruitment special IRMS exam will be conducted by the UPSC on May 28, 2023. Keep an eye out for the new exam pattern referenced in the latest release of information. Candidates selected through the screening test will go on to take the IRMS Mains Exam and then they’ll undergo interviews with corrections boards.
How will the new Railway Management Service (IRMS) examination work?
UPSC will conduct a separate exam for recruitment to the Indian Railways Management Service in 2023. How will this system be different from the existing system of recruitment, and why has the change been made?
On December 2nd, the Indian Railways announced that from 2023 onwards, recruitment to the Indian Railways Management Service—commonly known as IRMS—will be done through a specially designed examination. This is a major break from the current system of recruitment, which has been taking place without any unique examination for IRMS. Under the old system, vacancies in the air hostess and medical sector were filled by examinations conducted by UPSC and CSMT respectively.
What is the new Railway Services exam like?
The Indian Railroads are taking measures to recruit new officers and have announced a new IRMS exam. Compared to CSE, the IRMS exam will be two-tiered– a preliminary screening examination and a main written examination and interview. For the preliminary screening of candidates, they will need to appear for the Civil Services (Prelim) Exam.
IRMS (Main) Examination consists of four papers of conventional essay-type questions.
1 Part 1 (Qualifying papers) This exam will cover two different essays, each worth 300 marks. One essay will be a test on an Indian language from the Eighth Schedule of the Constitution (there are currently 22 official Indian languages) at the time of writing.
2 Part 2 (Papers to be counted for merit) Test givers will be given an optional essay to choose from for 250 points. Candidates must choose between two essays (each worth 250 points). The list of subjects available is:
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Commerce and Accountancy
3 Part 3 will be a personality test. 100 marks are required for this assignment. According to the Railway Ministry’s press brief, the syllabi for the aforementioned qualifying and optional papers will be the same as that for the CSE.
How is this different from the previous IRMS recruitment system?
Group A IRMS officers can serve in one of ten railway-related sections: Technical Services, Administrative, and Accounts, or Medical Services. These 10 groups are divided into 3 separate cadres: engineering electives, non-technical civils, and service group classes. Recruitment for these three cadres is currently done through three of the major examinations conducted by the UPSC:
- This examination is for applying to engineering positions within the Indian Railway service: Indian Railway Service of Engineers, Indian Railway Service of Mechanical Engineers, Indian Railway Service of Electrical Engineers, and Indian Railway Service for Stores.
- This examination is for administrative officers within the Indian Railway Systems. It includes, but is not limited to Indian Railway Traffic Service (IRTS), the Indian Railway Personnel Service (IRPS), and Indian Railway Accounts Service (IRAS).
- Under the new medical regulations, there will be two systems for the recruitment of railway medical officers. The first cadre of officers will be recruited through an IRMS examination, with a common recruitment process.
What are some of the outcomes of this change?
Although the impact on recruitment quality remains to be seen, one thing is for sure – the IRMS exam is going to have an immediate impact on how candidates prepare for railway recruitment. Regardless of your level or field of study, you can sit for the railway service entrance exam with confidence knowing you’ve given yourself every possible advantage.
IRMS Exam 2023 Highlights
IRMS exam 2023 highlights including all details are provided below in the table:
|Name of the Exam||Indian Railway Management Service Examination|
|Conducting Body||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Exam Frequency||Once in a year|
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
IRMS Recruitment Exam Date 2023
|IRMS Notification||February 01, 2023|
|IRMS Prelims Screening Test||To be announced|
|IRMS Mains Exam Date||May 28, 2023|
|IRMS Interview Exam Date||To be announced|
|IRMS Final Result||To be announced|
IRMS Vacancy 2023 (Tentative)
IRMS vacancy 2023 details will be mentioned in the table below.
|Categories||No. of Vacancies|
|UR (Including EWS)||77|
|PH (OA and OL)||06|
IRMS 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Following are the requirements of IRMS eligibility criteria.
- Applicants must be at least 21 years old, and a maximum of 32nd years.
- Every attempt is made to adhere to the employment policies agreed upon. However, if the applicant exceeds the upper age limit that MNC has set, exceptions can be made for applicants belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe or Other Backward Classes.
- There are some physical and visual criteria as well that must be fulfilled by the candidates applying for IRMS.
IRMS 2023 Exam Pattern
The IRMS examination pattern has three stages – preliminary, mains, and internship. The preliminary exam is universal for all candidates with a common GS paper. For the GS part of this test, classes are provided like IES GS and the material provided is of the best quality. The main exam will be allocated to technical applicants with specific papers like IES Mains. Non-technical are chosen as an optional subject in IRMS mains. At the start, a candidate wants to select technical, electrical, electronic, civil, mechanical, or non-technical.
IRMS 2023 Recruitment Process
The recruitment process for IRMS will include the Preliminary exam, Mains exam, and Interview. The candidates who clear all stages successfully will be appointed as an Officer in the Railways. The recruit should undergo a training period of 2 years. During this period, candidates are on probation which will increase if the probation extension is required by the department. The new recruitments who passed the exams and fulfill other requirements will be confirmed on completion of the probation stage and achievement of the newly allotted designations.
Official Notification Of IRMS Written Exam 2023
The following Grade ‘A’ services are going to recruit candidates from the IRMS exam.
- Indian Railway Service of Engineers (IRSE)
- Indian Railway Service of Mechanical Engineers
- Indian Railway Service of Electrical Engineers (IRSEE)
- Indian Railway Stores Service (IRSS)
- Indian Railway Service of Signal Engineers (IRSSE)
- Indian Railway Traffic Service (IRTS)
- Indian Railway Personnel Service (IRPS)
- Indian Railway Accounts Services (IRAS)
IRMS Selection Method
- When you’re preparing for the IRMS examination, it can be hard to cover every criterion in different fields. Luckily, our courses cover five of the most pertinent aspects of these fields: mechanical engineering, civil engineering, electrical engineering, electronics and telecommunication engineering, and non-technical entry for those who aren’t engineers but want to take an exam for civil services.
- Training for the exam usually consists of 3 stages: the prelims exam, the mains examination, and the personality test.
- Prelims are usually objective examinations.
- The main exam shall be a conventional or subjective assessment. Applicants who were eligible for the prelims exam will only qualify to take the main exam.
- When you qualify for the Prelims and Mains, your Personality Test will take place in two rounds. In the first round, candidates will be interviewed on the exam’s specifics, management skills, and general attentiveness. If they make it to the second round of the Personality Test, they’ll go through an in-depth exam of their knowledge and competencies.
- After clearing all three stages there will be a medical test held.
- After all the rounds final merit will be decided and departments shall be allocated.
This is a great way for exam candidates to fully understand the material being covered. Meanwhile, these topics have confirmed the probability of an IRMS exam, which means that learners can prepare themselves well in advance before IRMS syllabus details are even announced.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Ques. What is the full form of the IRMS Examination?
Ans. The full form of the IRMS Written exam is the Indian Railway Management Service Examination. Candidates who want to work with the railways need to take this government exam.
Ques. What is the full form of the IRMS Examination?
Ans. Indian Railway Management Service is an annual government examination that displays the eligibility and capability of applicants in Railways. If you’re interested, IRMS is the exam for you.
Ques. Why is the IRMS Examination conducted?
Ans. The IRMS exam is a recruitment test conducted by Indian Railways to recruit candidates for vacancies in services such as railways. The list of services is given above.
Ques. What is the minimum educational qualification for the IRMS exam?
Ans. In order to be considered for this position, the Applicant must have graduated from a recognized university, school, or institute.
Ques. Is IRMS recruiting through ESE nowadays?
Ans. The Indian Railway Management Services Examination will be taken separately for recruiting people for the different services listed. This is a sentence rewriter.
Ques. Who Provides the Best IRMS Coaching Institute In Chandigarh?
Ans. RN Defence Academy provides the Best Indian Railway Management Services Examination In Chandigarh, Provides the best study material that trains aspirants for the Interview session.